Inspiware.com offers a set of free, downloadable, and printable positive affirmations for kids and young adults. Positive and inspiring affirmations help kids, and young adults foster an optimistic outlook and inculcate habits and value systems that can help them throughout their life. (In addition to specially curated positive affirmations for children, there are also several other categories of positive affirmations depending on the facet of life you are trying to address.)
In today’s world where screen time, social media, smartphones, and entertainment devices overwhelm children, encouraging them to spend a few minutes reciting and repeating positive affirmations can have a decidedly positive effect.
The stress and pressures of daily life – school, homework, extracurricular activities, and chores – are exacerbated by the societal issues, peer pressure, and in some cases bullying and other issues.
There is quite a bit of research corroborating the benefits of self-affirmations.
For kids and young adults, self-affirmations that focus on self-esteem and self-worth can build a belief system that reinforces the positive traits and allows them to tackle the obstacles the world throws at them with confidence and conviction.
Each parent can determine the types of affirmations that will help their child. Parents may choose from the list of positive affirmations for kids and young adults and then help their children practice the art of reflection and affirmation.
Kids and young adults thrive on repetition and a lot of times can overcome and overachieve thanks in part to their resilience, resolve, and self-assurance. Positive self-affirmations nurture and reinforce such traits.
How to practice Affirmations?
There is not a set of way or rules of how to do affirmations. It may help to do them at the same time each day and possibly the same place. Each morning in front of a mirror is the way some practice affirmation as it has the effect of voice and image reinforcing each other.
Reciting the affirmation at least three times each day will be a good idea.
Please remember this is about ingraining a positive thought or belief into the kid’s value systems. So, the focus should be more on quality rather than quantity, and repetition rather than jumping from one idea to another. Parents showing the principles in practice also will set a powerful example and make the words come alive.
You can download and print the affirmations for kids and young adults from Inspiware.com website. Or if your kids have a tablet or smartphone, they may be able to access the affirmations for kids https/www.inspiware.com/affirmations.
A list of Positive Affirmations for Kids and Young Adults:
- Today is going to be a great day.
- I am always learning.
- I matter in this world.
- I am smart and confident.
- I love my school, teachers, and classmates.
- I am getting better every day.
- I am a kind and compassionate person.
- I love my mom.
- I love my dad.
- Every problem I face can be solved.
- My dreams will come true.
- My mistakes are a stepping stone to success.
- Today I will make a difference.
- Today I will be a leader.
- Happiness is within my control.
- I am loved by many, and I love many in my life.
- Each day I build my integrity and character.
- My dreams will come true.
- I play well with others at my school.
- I have a lot of great friends, and they love me.
- I believe every fall is an opportunity to get up.
- I don’t know everything, and that is OK.
- I will overcome any obstacle.
- Today success will be mine.
- I am comfortable with who I am and what I can be.
- I am creative and come up with innovative ideas.
- I am building my future, one brick at a time.
- I aspire to be great.
- I send light and love to everyone.
- I accept who I am and be the best I can be.
- Every time I fall, I see it as an opportunity to get up again.
- Today I will overcome my doubts and fears.
- I am ready to face all the challenges life throws at me.
- I can be anyone and anything that I want to be.
- I have amazing inner strength and resolve
- I allow myself to make mistakes and learn from them.
- Each day I rise and shine.
- I choose to believe in myself and my dreams.
- I can and will change the world.
- I control my attitude, and that determines my altitude.
- I am learning to listen and listening to learn.
- My life is good.
- Today I will make things happen.
- I am working toward a healthy body and a healthy mind.
- I am wise beyond my years.
- I love science and possibilities.
- I love exploring the known and unknown.
- I am compassionate and caring.
- I will blaze a new trial.
- Today, I will seize a new opportunity.
- I matter in this world.
- I am open to new possibilities.
- I believe bravery is doing something in spite of fears
- I am willing to forgive and seek forgiveness.
- I am growing into who I want to be.
- I am good at mathematics, and the numbers speak to me.
- I enjoy all of my experiences.
- Do not overwhelm the kids with too many affirmations. It is better to focus on a few core ideas and repeat them. Once they are ingrained and become second nature, you may add a few more to the mix.
- Only you can determine how young is too young and start on the affirmations. For the younger ones simple ideas that help them feel good are an excellent starting point. Teens and young adults will be
- Please be aware that positive and inspiring affirmations for kids and young adults are not a substitute for professional help for any number of physical and mental problems.
- (Many of the affirmations listed below are available as images with a relevant picture along with the affirmation text. As the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words, and hence please consider downloading the image affirmations. Please access the picture affirmations at https://www.inspiware.com/affirmations)