“Timing, perseverance, and ten years of trying will eventually make you look like an overnight success.” — Biz Stone, Co-founder of Twitter
Overnight success is a derisive phrase that people throw around a lot. It looks like someone comes out of nowhere and blazes a new trail and then the world gawks in awe. And the resulting commentary inevitably includes the overnight success meme.
Well, as Biz Stone states, most of the overnight success stories will have a long and winding road to success. It may involve some streaks of brilliance and some leaps, but the rest of the journey will inevitably be a long and hard grind.
The Typical Backstory of an Overnight Success:
Of course, we are generalizing but this is how an overnight success story may have come about.
- Plunge into something with nothing but faith and fail several times.
- Pick up the pieces and persevere through hardships.
- Get to the brink of disaster a couple of times.
- Capitalize on that rare lucky break and build momentum.
- Work the tail off to grow and grow and grow.
- And become an overnight success story.
So, it’s best for you to begin your journey toward that overnight success. Starting TODAY.