Top Quotes by Peter Drucker:
Peter Drucker is a management icon, and his concepts, theories, and ideas have powered management thought for several decades. Drucker authored several books, and many of them are timeless classics.
The Austrian-born Drucker came to the United States via Germany and United Kingdom and spent several decades as a professor of management at Claremont University.
Drucker was a giant in the field of management science.
Here are some of the top quotes by Peter Drucker.
Top Quotes by Peter Drucker: 25 Peter Drucker quotes that will inspire and motivate.
- “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.”
- “There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.”
- “The only thing we know about the future is that it will be different.”
- “The best way to predict the future is to create it.”
- Culture eats strategy for breakfast.
- “The only skill that will be important in the 21st century is the skill of learning new skills. Everything else will become obsolete over time.”
- “Strategy is a commodity, execution is an art.”
- “You can’t manage what you don’t measure.”
- “Plans are worthless, but planning is invaluable.”
- “Defending yesterday is far riskier than making tomorrow.”
- “The three most charismatic leaders in this century inflicted more suffering on the human race than almost any trio in history: Hitler, Stalin, and Mao. What matters is not the leader’s charisma. What matters is the leader’s mission.”
- “Adequacy is the enemy of excellence.”
- “The productivity of work is not the responsibility of the worker but of the manager.”
- “Rank does not confer privilege or give power. It imposes responsibility.”
- “The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn’t being said.”
- “Efficiency is doing things right; effectiveness is doing the right things.”
- “Meetings are a symptom of bad organization. The fewer meetings, the”
- “Time is the scarcest resource of the manager; If it is not managed, nothing else can be managed.”
- “The greatest danger in times of turbulence is not the turbulence – it is to act with yesterday’s logic.”
- “No institution can possibly survive if it needs geniuses or supermen to manage it. It must be organized in such a way as to be able to get along under a leadership composed of average human beings.”
- “Ideas are like frog eggs: you’ve got to lay a thousand to hatch one.”
- “My greatest strength as a consultant is to be ignorant and ask a few questions”
- “Follow effective action with quiet reflection. From the quiet reflection will come even more effective action.”
- “Our job in life is to make a positive difference, not prove we’re right.”
- Only three things happen naturally in organizations: friction, confusion, and underperformance. Everything else requires leadership.
Which of the Peter Drucker quotations do you like? Did we miss anything that belongs in the top 25 quotes? Please share your thoughts.